Sif's 10 Rules for 2010...
I've set myself the following 10 Rules to live by in 2010, in the hopes of improving my enjoyment of life (that is, so I can stop getting sick and ending up on anti-biotics and feeling tired and critical and cranky all the time...)...
- Be in bed by 10pm each night (unless out of the house on one of my rare evening social engagements).
- Eat breakfast before 10am each and EVERY morning and finish eating for the day by 7.30pm (so I can get to sleep without the interruptions of digesting!).
- Eat consciously and be true to my conscience (that is intentionally vague!).
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
- Walk 10 000 steps every day (even if it means walking up and down the driveway to make sure I tick over the entire 10 000 each day - but hopefully I'll find more creative ways to use those steps).
- Spend no more than 1 hour per day on PC based internet (twittering and checking facebook on iphone permitted because that is naturally limited by download limits and battery!) - That's 7 hours per week, and those 7 hours are transferrable if not used.
- No procrastinating! I know what most needs to be done at any given moment, so I'm just going to DO IT!
- Celebrate all the Sabbaths by doing an appropriate activity with the kids for each one!
- Read AT LEAST one book of FICTION each month. This is NOT transferrable.
- Do one canvas artwork each month. It doesn't matter that I don't have any experience, I'm just going to have fun with it!