- The biggest boys may have just turned 10 and 12, but I still think it sounds weird to have them refer to me as "my mum" when talking about me to other people!
- Waiting for tax money to return in July makes this month creep along at a snails pace.
- The combination of rain, no car, and school holidays make July creep along at a snail's pace, with the snail hauling a lead brick.
- My life will be rainbows and lollipops just as soon as that money hits my account and our household is transformed into an alter to the twin gods, "Apple" and "Macintosh".
- Or maybe not, but it'll be COOL!
- Dave will have a job next month!!! Yes, he will! After almost 2.5 years of unemployment, he'll be bringing in a pay packet that will see the end of begging MIL for handouts!!!
- Dave will have a licence next month!!!
- While life hasn't been a tip-toe through the tulips so far this year, nothing horrible has happened either - that officially makes this year 100% improved on the past two years! I am grateful for having learned to appreciate the stability of nothing exciting happening, good or bad!
- My kids need a new vocabulary, one that doesn't rely so heavily on the phrases, "Mum, when can we..." and "Mum, make him STOP!"
- Despite it being the holidays and us all being shut in and stepping all over each others very last nerve, I have a great family, the best family, in fact! Don't we all!
Friday, July 08, 2011
Things I know - the July edition
Joining in Things I know, at Yay for Home.
Just recently I've been seeing and noticing elephants everywhere! A few weeks ago I saw the Samsung Elephant Ad , and watching that le...
Do you ever just need to be alone? source As the boys are growing up, we have more times when the house is quiet. The youngest will ...
Yes, you read that right. For the past three or so years the Grumpy Old Man and I have been wondering what the hell is going on that we...