PLEASE forgive me for I have sinned and this is my third blog post in one day... I was sent a reminder by a friend who is hanging for me to post this - so this is for her (but you can read it, too)...
10 realities of living with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
1) Needing constant stimulation and variety and feeling restless and bored with things once you've absorbed everything inspiring to you from them - which you usually do in a compressed amount of time because of your tendency to obsess over things!
2) Having four streams of thoughts at the same time - all the time! Right now, for me it's: writing this; singing 5 Little Kittens along with whats-his-name on Playschool; wondering when the Grumpy Old Man will get that Bryn's mouth doesn't have an 'off' setting, and stop whinging about the constant chatter; and realising I didn't call mum today, as I promised - d'oh!
3) Sitting down to write a blogpost at 9am, hearing the toddler getting into something, going to investigate and suddenly it's 10.30 at night and you spy the 'New Post' window on your desktop screen and think who opened that window? And this after an entire day of checking into your blog, Twitter and Facbook on your iPad.
4) Starting to tell someone something and hours later realising you never finished your original thought.
5) Shying away from long term commitments (like memes on your own blog) because your past history with consistency looks like a row of swiss cheese slices lined up one after another.
6) Jumping straight to the endpoint of puzzles and knowing the answer wihout being able to say how you got there - and then being accused of guessing...
7) Making connections other people deem to be non-sequetors (because they can't see the pathway of you connections).
8) Talking to the same mums at school that you've been talking to all year, and still not being able to remember what their names are despite them having told you several times already.
10) You have great ideas, like a "10 ThingsTuesday" link-up, you encourage people to join you the first week, you put it on your blog schedule - and then a friend tweets you on Wednesday wondering what happened to "10 Things Tuesday"?
If you want to link up, feel free! Tell us your 10 Things!