Tuesday, August 30, 2011
10 Things Tuesday - 10 ways to procrastinate productively!
10 ways to procrastinate productively...
- read this list!
- watch a movie you love; what you're actually doing is 'vetting contents for my children for future reference/preparing myself to give an interesting response to the question 'What did you think of [insert title of movie here]?'
- go window shopping (this can be done in person or online); also known as 'research for that mad Christmas rush' - January is NOT too early!
- put on you favourite music and dance like mad; now you're taking care of your health!
- browse the fridge for leftovers; this is called 'clearing out the fridge'
- play bejewlled/angry birds/words with friends; now you're exercising your strategic thinking muscles, hand-eye coordination and neurological response times.
- get on Twitter and Facebook; social networking is a legimate career enhancement strategy, and if you have children you're also being a good parent by staying abreast of technolgy and finding the dangers your children need to avoid!
- go sit in the sun; vitamin D is essential and there are plenty of studies showing an increased deficiency in adults (particularly women) in recent years... Also, you're verifying the efficacy of your sunscreen. Take a book and you'll be improving your mind at the same time!
- give yourself a manicure; not only does this come under important personal grooming - a good first impression might get you a promotion, or get you tot into that fancy preschool, but it's also a cost-saving and preventative measure as you'll be far less liking to snag you stockings on a rough nail edge!
- go get a real coffee at a cafe, not only will you be lowering personal stress and saving on future medical bills but you'll also be playing your part in stimulating the ecomony and keeping a struggling artist in paid work!
*If you've already done any or all of these and still need to procrastinate, then 'brainstorming' other productive procrastination activites for a blog post is really something you NEED to start doing, so get to it!
I'm linking up with Diary of a SAHM for I Blog On Tuesday
Just recently I've been seeing and noticing elephants everywhere! A few weeks ago I saw the Samsung Elephant Ad , and watching that le...
Do you ever just need to be alone? source As the boys are growing up, we have more times when the house is quiet. The youngest will ...
Yes, you read that right. For the past three or so years the Grumpy Old Man and I have been wondering what the hell is going on that we...