Tuesday, August 30, 2011
10 Things Tuesday - 10 ways to procrastinate productively!
10 ways to procrastinate productively...
- read this list!
- watch a movie you love; what you're actually doing is 'vetting contents for my children for future reference/preparing myself to give an interesting response to the question 'What did you think of [insert title of movie here]?'
- go window shopping (this can be done in person or online); also known as 'research for that mad Christmas rush' - January is NOT too early!
- put on you favourite music and dance like mad; now you're taking care of your health!
- browse the fridge for leftovers; this is called 'clearing out the fridge'
- play bejewlled/angry birds/words with friends; now you're exercising your strategic thinking muscles, hand-eye coordination and neurological response times.
- get on Twitter and Facebook; social networking is a legimate career enhancement strategy, and if you have children you're also being a good parent by staying abreast of technolgy and finding the dangers your children need to avoid!
- go sit in the sun; vitamin D is essential and there are plenty of studies showing an increased deficiency in adults (particularly women) in recent years... Also, you're verifying the efficacy of your sunscreen. Take a book and you'll be improving your mind at the same time!
- give yourself a manicure; not only does this come under important personal grooming - a good first impression might get you a promotion, or get you tot into that fancy preschool, but it's also a cost-saving and preventative measure as you'll be far less liking to snag you stockings on a rough nail edge!
- go get a real coffee at a cafe, not only will you be lowering personal stress and saving on future medical bills but you'll also be playing your part in stimulating the ecomony and keeping a struggling artist in paid work!
*If you've already done any or all of these and still need to procrastinate, then 'brainstorming' other productive procrastination activites for a blog post is really something you NEED to start doing, so get to it!
I'm linking up with Diary of a SAHM for I Blog On Tuesday
Just recently I've been seeing and noticing elephants everywhere! A few weeks ago I saw the Samsung Elephant Ad , and watching that le...
As I mentioned late last month, I signed up to do the National Novel Writing Month project in November. Actually, I'm sure it started...
I've been Epic Failing all over the place recently, I thought I tell everyone how - maybe after reading this you'll feel great abou...