BUT *and she plasters on a syrupy sweet, fake smile*, I'm going to be thankful because being thankful will balance out my Chi or Ki or whatever it's called. Being thankful will rain serenity upon my tortured form. I need to be thankful and to see the beauty in the world around me, or I'll probably end up on the 6 o'clock news. So, here goes.
- I am Thankful for the opportunity the very lovely Denyse offered me, when she asked me to guest post on her blog today! Please go check it out - Denyse's blog is a great source of information and sage advice about all things education!
- I am Thankful the Grumpy Old Man's driving instructor has said he will forfeit his fee for the GOM's upcoming test, which means we can a) not ask MIL for food money next fortnight and b) let the children have some fun at the school fair this weekend!
- I am Thankful to have met so many wonderful writers who are also doing NaNoWriMo and contributing to it being an inspiring experience for me (you know who you are!).
- I am Thankful there are people still willing to fight for right of parents to have all the information and to have a choice when it comes to vaccinating their children. I am not anti-vaccine. I am pro-informed-CHOICE.
- I am Thankful for the HOT weather that is about to descend on us this coming weekend in Melbourne. I'm so thankful for the heat, that I'm choosing to ignore that it will also be incredibly steamy - yay for hot weather!
- I am Thankful for laughing with my children. That should be self-explanatory.
- I am Thankful for being born in, and living in, a country where I have all sorts of relative freedoms, where I have access to all sorts of advocacy if I feel discriminated against, where I am relatively safe to come and go as I choose, where I can make decisions for myself and my children without being marshalled at gunpoint. I take these things for granted sometimes, and then I see or hear things that remind how in other countries that seem so much like Australia, the reality of my choices would, in fact, be completely different. I pray Australia doesn't go the same way.
- I am Thankful I have this blog where I can be me in all my imperfect glory. I am thankful I have enough inhibition to let it all hang out despite what other people might think or say because I have enough self-esteem to not constantly live in fear of other people's judgment. I am thankful my children are learning from my example and understand that other people's thoughts mostly reflect their own issues.
- I am Thankful for m&ms.
I'm linking up with Kate Says Stuff for Thankful Thursday. What are you thankful for today?