What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week’s inspiration word is: SECRETS
1. It sat in the dark watching her and waiting.
2. Alice stacked the dinner dishes ready for washing after she'd put Benny to bed; a faint smile rested on her lips.
3. Despite being widowed before her son was born and having to raise him on her own in a foreign country, Alice had always managed to find the beauty in life.
4. It sat in the dark simmering and seething, It longed to spring forth and unleash its mighty capacity for despair and devastation, but the time was not right yet.
5. It quivered in anticipation of wiping the smile from her lips.