There's a bit of a running joke in this household that sharing my birthday with Nostradamus has imbued me with the power of foresight. It is true, I've seen a few things which have come to pass, not because logic says they'll come to pass, just because...
But actually, that's not what today's post is about. Today's post is about my impatience... I've just spent the last little while looking at properties for sale in our area. I've been dreaming about a second living area and a dishwasher and knowing that there won't be inspections and I can paint the walls without asking some stranger's permission first... One day all of this will come to pass. One day we'll find ourselves buying our own house - I just know it. I know like I know the sky looks blue on a sunny day and fire is hot. I feel so impatient for that day to come.
Here are some other things I know will happen, sooner or later...
- The Grumpy Old Man will get a driver's licence and we will get a car we all fit into.
- The Grumpy Old Man will get some kind of work.
- I will get some kind of work.
- Ari will learn to use the toilet and we'll say goodbye to nappies forever!
- I will enrol in and eventually complete my PhD - with great marks and be able to put Dr in front of my name. You'd better believe I'll be putting Dr in front of my name!
- I will get a novel publish - or maybe a book of short stories, but the entire book will be mine!
- We will own our own home! (yeah, I'm repeating myself, I just think this is worth repeating...)
I know these things will happen because day by day we work towards them, one tiny step at a time and when obstacles are thrown in our way we climb over them. Sometimes we feel tired - exhausted. Sometimes we wonder if it's even worth the struggle, but we can't stop ourselves. It's the inability to let go of these dreams which ensure their realisation!
What do you know?
I'm linking up with...
...Come join me!